Controller / External Reporting
Responsible for activities of the accounting department related to external reporting, regulatory reporting, and technical accounting. Develops, coordinates and maintains a reliable accounting information system that properly reflects the position of the Company and its subsidiaries and provides management with timely information, analysis, and evaluations. Responsible for all external financial reporting to SEC and other regulators. Organizes and coordinates Sarbanes-Oxley control process.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees all external reporting and technical accounting functions for the Company and subsidiaries. Ensures effective department operation, through the selection, training, development, and motivation of a competent staff. Ensures the accuracy of accounting records and reports through effective recording, verification, and processing of data. Develops, updates, and implements effective accounting and financial reporting systems and procedures.
- Leads the SEC reporting team including monitoring company activities, preparing and completing filings, including preparation of XBRL portions of filings, and coordinating SOX 404 activities. Reviews all other financial and regulatory reporting and ensures timely distribution and/or filing where applicable.
- Directs the processes, procedures and recording for technical accounting functions including lease accounting, equity accounting, derivative accounting, investments, and purchase accounting.
- Responsible for determining and implementing new and/or complex accounting. Performs research and coordinates with external accountants to determine accounting and disclosure required for new accounting standards.
- Manages the organization’s accounting for taxes including preparation of monthly tax expense accrual calculation and quarterly deferred tax inventory. Compiles information and completes schedules for the Company’s consolidated tax returns in conjunction with the external tax partner. Reconciles final tax return to tax calculated and recorded for the year and makes adjustments as required. Works with external tax accountant to evaluate and implement tax planning initiatives.
- Works with external accountants, regulators, internal auditors and other departments as necessary.
- Assists the CEO and CFO with various legal and corporate matters for the Company as needed.
- Serves on Company committees as assigned including Disclosure Committee, Asset-Liability Committee and Acquisitions and Mergers teams. Provides analysis and reports for meetings as requested.
- Completes required training associated with job functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.