Community Engagement Specialist
Full Job Description
Baby TALK’s mission is to positively impact child development by nurturing healthy and responsive relationships during the critical early years.
The Community Engagement Specialist performs the day to day duties of community based programming and partnerships to include: Newborn Encounters, Coordinated Intake, and community outreach programs. The Community Engagement Specialist collaborates with staff, families, and the community at large for Baby TALK’s community programming and relations.
- Perform the day to day responsibilities to include completion of Newborn Encounters, intake appointments and enrollment of families, answering Warmline calls, recruitment efforts, hosting Baby TALK Times (parent/child groups), and outreach events.
- Support the presence of Baby TALK within the community by collaborating with the Community Engagement Manager and Coordinator to implement outreach initiatives.
- Meet with the Community Engagement Coordinator twice a month for reflective supervision
- Assist with the coordinated intake process through maintaining data collection systems, community reporting systems, and enrollment files
- Collaborate with the Early Childhood Coordinators and the Family Engagement Coordinators to provide seamless and cohesive coordination of high quality direct programming for Decatur area children and families
- Facilitate family support groups within the community
- Collaborate with local agencies and organizations to promote seamless services for families within the community
- Assist with the updating and monitoring of Baby TALK’s social media accounts
- Assist in the implementation of Baby TALK’s marketing and outreach efforts
- Perform other work related or assigned duties
Education and Job Requirements
BA in Human Services, Social Work, Early Childhood Education or related field. Two (2) years combined experience preferred. Experience in family and community engagement and implementation of comprehensive quality program plans preferred. Ability to interact positively with program participants, agency representatives, and the community-at-large.
Other Job Requirements
· Demonstrated knowledge of Head Start and ISBE Prevention Initiative systems or a willingness to learn.
· Effective written and verbal communication skills, decision-making skills, time and stress management skills, organizational skills, and observational skills.
· Demonstrated knowledge of Decatur Area community agencies, organizations, and programs or willingness to learn
· Ability to work cooperatively with supervisor and peers.
· Ability to travel occasionally.
· Ability to pass agency sponsored physical examination.
· This position is an authorized driver and must possess own vehicle, current driver’s license, good driving record, and auto insurance coverage.
· THIS IS A MANDATED REPORTER POSITION.
· Must have ability to operate computers and possess basic knowledge of MS Windows, Microsoft Word and other software.
· Must perform duties with moderate direction given, operating from established directions and instructions. Decisions are made with general agency policy constraints, but requires independent decision-making.
Physical Requirements of the Job
There may be frequent interruptions, working alone, evening or weekend work, working long hours during peak periods. May be exposed to illnesses generally attributed to children.
Mental Requirements of the Job:
Continual interaction with co-workers, parents, and children to provide information. Must relate positively to children and adults. Patient, able to resolve conflicts, creative, and resourceful. Excellent problem solving, planning, and organizational skills. Frequently faces deadlines with attention to detail and must complete tasks in a timely manner. Considerable amount of variable levels of concentration with frequent or constant interruptions. Must be able to handle multi-faceted tasks on a frequent basis.
The Community Engagement Specialist is directly accountable to Baby TALK Community Engagement Coordinator. The Community Engagement Coordinator evaluates the Community Engagement Specialist twice a year and more frequently if needed. Reflective supervision is provided by the Community Engagement Coordinator on a regular basis. The Community Engagement Specialist is evaluated based on the responsibilities described in this Position Description.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $20.51 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Required)
Work Location: One location