Under direction of the President/CEO, the Executive Assistant performs advanced clerical and administrative functions for the Executive Director, utilizing various computer software and agency procedures; executes correspondence and reporting supports for the Executive Director, ensuring the needs of all departments are met and the standards for quality, quantity, time lines, and confidentiality are met in accordance with local, state and federal laws; licensure/certification/accreditation standards; and agency policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs advanced administrative duties to support the Executive Director
Executes professional, confidential correspondence under the direction of the Executive Director
Creates and revises electronic forms for agency use
Establishes data tracking systems to support agency needs
As Assistant to the President/CEO, performs an array of advanced administrative duties at pre-established speed and accuracy levels and utilizing a variety of word processing, spreadsheet, website content management and database software utilized by MRI. Duties include but are not limited to word processing drafting, proofreading and editing letters, memos, and other documents or reports such as contracts, agreements, grants, MRI Policies and Procedures, and the Strategic Plan; compiling or reviewing statistics or data in reports; handling information of a confidential nature; maintaining an organized reference system on the computer for access to important documents and administrative information; and performing special projects.
- Coordinates the President/CEO’s schedule and appointments; makes arrangements for meetings and conferences and assembles necessary background material. Contacts members of the board and management team, employees, or individuals to obtain or relay information as directed.
- Creates and revises agency forms with accuracy and precision in a format that is editable using appropriate and up-to-date methods; develops and carries out a system of use of these forms for both electronic and paper correspondence.
- Drafts agendas, prepares packets of information, and submits information to the President/CEO or other member of the management team; completes and distributes as required.
- Drafts documents and correspondence on behalf of members of the Management Team.
- Coordinates internal communication as delegated by the President/CEO.
- Ensures adherence to agency mission goals and licensure/certification/accreditation standards as it relates to administrative recordkeeping regulations, policies and procedures, and for compliance with Local, State and Federal laws and/or regulations. Organizes and updates files and retains the MRI administrative/corporate records utilizing the ability to read and alphabetize information.
- Provides back up for members of the clerical department as needed, including answering phones, opening and closing the building and corresponding with vendors as needed and requested with approval of the President/CEO.