WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Farm Manager determines and carries out the goals and objectives of farmland owner clients. This position acts as farmland property manager in terms of overseeing all activities relating to farmland ownership for our clients.
- Oversee portfolio of farm accounts.
- Secure farm management agreements through prospecting, analysis and sales.
- Determine goals of farmland owners.
- Develop/maintain farm lease agreements with qualified farm operators.
- Make site visits to properties for purpose of evaluating operation, dictating reports to communicate with clients.
- Review periodic financial reports for submission to clients as requested.
- Communicate with clients as necessary for approval, recommendations to owners, reporting, and updates.
- Distribute funds from accounts as requested and desired by clients.
- Meet, on average, three times per year with farm tenant to discuss items related to various farming operations, such as financial settlements between owner account and tenants, farm lease renewal/termination, and crop planning, including discussion of things such as land maintenance, building care and oversight, drainage and drainage district issues, fertility, tillage and cultural practices, chemical selection, crop rotation, hybrid and variety selection, soil testing, material application methods, government farm program issues.
- Attend continuing education seminars as required.