Wire Payment Risk Specialist
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a Wire Payment Risk Specialist for Busey, you will be responsible for handling wire payment exceptions, escalations, and reconciliations related to wire transactions, within established timeframes to mitigate risk, as well as executing and improving upon our growing Wire Services.
Independently analyze, research, and process complex electronic payment exceptions and requests in accordance with applicable operating rules and regulatory guidelines. Perform outbound calls to clients and internal departments to resolve exceptions. Perform account reconciliation, validation, and research out of balance conditions for assigned General Ledger/Enterprise Owned Deposit Accounts in accordance to Accounting and Financial Reporting policies. With minimal oversight, provide internal departments with appropriate payment channel/solution to meet client/business needs while mitigating associated risk. Maintain extensive and expert knowledge of the policy, operating rules, and regulations of payments channel to lead/support periodic reviews of operational procedures, streamline processes, and compliance with payments channel compliance
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with Deposit Services, Digital Channels, Information Services, Accounting, Fraud, BSA/AML, Vendors and Clients to resolve any processing, reconcilement discrepancies, and disputes.
- Reconcile wire General Ledger accounts, process adjustments, returns and recoveries.
- Process requests for new wire agreements, repetitive and Associate initiated repetitive wire authorizations.
- Process requests for changing any wire or repetitive agreements.
- Process incoming wire transactions to include, but not limited to, posting transactions to customer accounts, verification of postings, following specific customer instructions.
- Process/Approve outgoing wire transactions to include, but not limited to, identifying and verifying that the appropriate authorizations have been obtained, posting transactions to customer accounts, verification of postings, following specific customer instructions.