Janitorial Supervisor-Commercial Contract Cleaning (Janitorial)
ESS Clean, Inc. is the leader in commercial contract cleaning in Central Illinois. We attribute this to our excellent team of cleaners. A core value of ESS Clean is to "Improve the lives of our team" and we look for every opportunity to do just that. Whether you are looking for a part-time job to supplement your income or a bright new career, ESS Clean may be the place for you. We provide quality service for our customers, quality of life for our team and we have fun doing it!
****to be considered, please apply at www.essclean.com. Indeed "easy apply" applications are not reviewed.
Job Skills / Requirements
WE'RE GROWING! DUE TO OUR SUCCESS AND GROWTH, WE ARE ADDING AN AREA MANAGER POSITION BASED IN DECATUR, ILLINOIS. IF YOU ARE A CREW LEADER IN FAST FOOD OR AN ASSISTANT MANAGER IN RETAIL (OR SIMILIAR POSTIONS) THIS COULD BE A GREAT OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU! CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR HISTORY AND CULTURE.
JOB TITLE: Working Area Manager
JOB SUMMARY: The primary duty of the Area Manager is to ensure the proper cleaning of the facilities in their area. This is to be accomplished by inspecting facilities regularly (at least once/month), training new employees and ongoing training of all employees, resolving any conflicts that come up, ensuring the distribution of supplies, and filling in for employee absences.
Must be willing and able to perform the following in the case of general cleaner or floater absences and turnover: Daily cleaning and stocking of offices, conference rooms, classrooms, lounges, restrooms, entrances, lobbies, hallways, stairwells, medical exam rooms, and other building areas. Includes cleaning walls, windows, furniture, sinks, countertops, restroom fixtures, floors, carpets, and other areas. Floor refinishing and carpet cleaning.
Must have knowledge of cleaning products and equipment in order to educate customers and train employees. Cleaning products include neutral cleaners, disinfectants, odor neutralizers, floor strippers and finishes, degreasers, etc. Equipment includes mop buckets and mops, dust mops, chemical dispensers, upright and backpack vacuums, low and high-speed floor machines (buffers), automatic scrubbers, carpet extractors, etc.
• Train and retrain employees.
• Motivate employees to do their best work.
• Treat employees with respect and dignity. All employees should be treated fairly and equally regardless of personal differences.
• Travel to various accounts to inspect work, ensure quality control, and confirm working hours of employees.
• Check organization and stocking of supply closets.
• Check job books to make sure current emergency phone numbers are accessible, forms are updated and available, timesheets are filled out appropriately, etc.
• Check log books, correct any ongoing problems, and notify office of ongoing problems.
• Set up and start up new accounts, making sure employees are trained and quality is brought up to the standards of ESS.
• Fill in for employee absences and turnover (perform all duties of general cleaner)
• Safety oriented and ability to train safe procedures.
• Ability to complete written performance reviews of employees.
To learn more, or to apply, click here!