Under direct but not constant supervision, to do a full range of overhead line construction and maintenance work on the electrical transmission, sub-transmission, distribution, or service systems; to do such work on lines either dead or energized and at all voltages; and to perform similar and less skilled work as required.
- For consideration to this position, candidates MUST have successfully completed A.L.B.A.T. (American Line Builders Apprentice Training) or an equivalent lineman training program.
- Possess a High School diploma or equivalent
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a valid Class A Commercial Driver's License.
- As a condition of acceptance on this job, candidates who are otherwise qualified will be required to take and pass the appropriate State/Federal driver's licensing requirements, medical testing and drug screening and the Construction and Skilled Trades (CAST) test [Note: See "Employment Testing" section on www.ameren.com under the "Careers" section].
- This position is covered by the IBEW bargaining agreement.
- This position requires a 25 mile residency requirement