AGV Program Developer
The Decatur, IL Controls Engineer designs, develops, and implements systems to perform to customer’s expectations; collaborates with mechanical design engineers, writes programs and operational procedures for industrial material handling equipment; and is a liaison to customers during and after installation as the need arises.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned)
- Interpret customer requirements, identify, and address design parameters and engineering problems and ensure solutions are implemented accurately and within budget through clear customer communication.
- Commission custom product solutions and systems in house and at customer facilities. Assist installation and troubleshooting control systems.
- Support the manufacture, build and validation of systems which include pneumatics, hydraulics, servos, variable frequency drives, relays, communication networks, touchscreens, pushbuttons, robotics, and other such integration.
- Writing AGV programs in structured text for varying machine designs and applications.
- Creating system logic for AGV fleets.
- Working with customers to establish AGV communication with the facilities operational system.
- Performing startup and diagnostic tests on newly manufactured AGV’s before completion.
- Assist application sales engineers and product engineers in estimating cost of controls.
- Develop cost-effective designs through key selection of control components to maximize profitability and in collaboration with purchasing.
- Draw and review control schematics, able to interpret shop edits and implement them into final draft.
- Write PLC programs that are simple to test, are well-documented and versatile.
- Assist in the creation of operation and maintenance manuals related to controls.
- Ability to balance multiple projects and prevent scope creeps.