Human Resources Manager
As Manager of Human Resources and Safety (“MHRS”) will be a learning-agile leader, capable of driving transformation across multi-sites, to create increased value for our stakeholders and customer base. Reporting to Align’s President, the MHRS will serve as a key advisor to ownership and a partner to senior leadership, leading all aspects of company human development and safety. Specifically, APS is seeking a candidate to lead the company on its commitment to lean management, innovation, human development, safety, and customer value.
YOUR ROLE AS MANAGER OF HUMAN RESOURCES AND SAFETY
- SERVE AS A SMART, HUMBLE, SENIOR PARTNER [Entrepreneurial + Lean Management] – Align is seeking a MHRS with a people-centric mindset, an owner’s mentality, and a broad base of recruiting, policy, management, reviews, benefits, and safety to help take its current capabilities to the next level. Serving a key partner on Align’s Senior Leadership Team, you will serve as a cross-functional partner to ensure profitable and sustainable company growth as APS pursues its three, five and ten-year growth initiatives.
- EMPOWER AND BUILD A HIGH-PERFORMING TEAM [Team Leadership + Employee Development] – Work with leaders toInspire, motivate, evaluate, and develop a team that provides oversight for two locations, one in St. Louis, MO and one in Decatur, IL; plus involvement in Swedish joint venture. Foster a culture that promotes employee engagement, teamwork, customer service, accountability, and continuous improvement. Partner with leaders to leadership to create a best-in-class learning and development model for meaningful career progression.
- OVERSEE SAFETY [Safe Facilities & Safe Employee Practices] – Own, direct and implement best practices and policy deployment to foster a culture of safety awareness and policy adherence.
- You excel in a people-centric environment and bring a passion for growing privately held, family-owned business. You enjoy being part of a senior team, each willing to bring their “whole self” to work. You understand the challenges of scaling entrepreneurial businesses. You consider yourself to be a student of people and a hands-on, people-first leader.
- You have gained 10+ years of progressive, multi-site human resource leadership. Ideal candidates bring a demonstrated record of success in growing people, and processes.
- Your experience includes knowledge and demonstrated success in a highly configured, custom, low-volume/high-mix, and or job shop manufacturing environment. Familiarity working with a mix of sales professionals, manufacturing teams, and engineers is a plus. Broad mix of personality types and unique training and development needs.
- You are well-versed in proactively communicating in a transparent manner with internal and external stakeholders. You confidently interact at all levels and react with diplomacy and tact. You bring experience communicating a vision and a road map with patience and clarity to a wide range of stakeholders.
- You are willing to serve as a hands-on leader with the ability and desire to flex between strategic and tactical priorities required. A superior project management proactive and flexible skill set is required.
- You have developed a solid business acumen, well-honed negotiation skills, and are tech-savvy, including Microsoft office, and outside payroll platforms. Four-year college degree is required.