For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we’re one of the world’s largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 40,000 employees serving customers in hundreds of countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 450 crop procurement locations, more than 330 food and feed ingredient manufacturing facilities, 62 innovation centers and the world’s premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com.
Maintenance Electrician – Decatur Complex - Decatur IL
This is an hourly position.
You can expect to be placed at any one of the Decatur Complex facilities. This position could be in a union or non-union workforce. Maintenance electricians are responsible for troubleshooting, servicing, repairing, installing, and removing electrical equipment, including but not limited to; solenoids, motor starters, facility lighting, control system instrumentation, position/motion/plug sensor devices, limit switches, PLC equipment, power supplies, conduit installation, wiring connections, and motors.
Essential Job Functions:
- Identify and diagnose electrical problems
- Perform routine electrical repair projects and preventative maintenance on production equipment such as breaker boxes, motor leads and lighting fixtures
- Assist in the installation and wiring of new/modified electrical equipment
- Maintain accurate and detailed inventory of electrical parts and related manuals
- Monitors plant motors and starters, checking for hot spots and completing required reports
- Select, install and pull wiring to required equipment locations; making connections, testing circuitry and performing related installation processes of low and medium voltage to 4160V
- Understands their role in food and quality systems, actively participates in food safety efforts and ensures all activities conform to good manufacturing practices
- Responsible for utilizing the Performance Excellence process
- Committed to ADM’s goal of achieving a zero injury culture; understand and follow company safety procedures
- Class A journeyman’s license (Preferred)
- 2-4 years instrumentation experience and/or equivalent degree or schooling (industrial or commercial setting); able to run conduit, troubleshoot, read blue prints
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills; able to collaborate with colleagues and management teams to complete assignments in a timely manner
- Willing to improve technical skills through on-the-job and/or outside training
- Willing to work shift and weekends as needed
- Extensive knowledge and experience with our CMMS (Maximo)
- Detailed understanding of Food Manufacturing Plant Operation and Maintenance