As a Machinist, you will perform various machining activities on a variety of materials specified on drawings provided and machining to tolerances described on drawings while working in a safe and efficient manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned):
- Works in a safe, efficient manner following all safety regulations.
- Manages time to complete tasks timely with no defects and minimal supervision.
- Participates constructively with team in continuous improvement efforts.
- Lay out, drill, and tap holes, broach and mill keyways, turn varying materials.
- Assist with measuring parts to validate they are manufactured per print.
- Perform all machining required to replenish inventory as well as new custom parts.
- Performs rework and salvage procedures as necessary.
- Deburrs, cleans, measures, and inspects product prior to job sign off.
- Keeps accurate labor records.
- Performs material handling duties, including operating forklift and overhead hoists.
- Maintains clean, safe, and productive work area using 5S principles.
- Miscellaneous duties as directed by Team Lead or management.
- Utilizes training to provide flexible support in other departments on an as needed basis.
- Occasional travel to customer sites as needed for field service.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to read and understand machining blueprints. Setup and operate lathes, mills, drill presses, hydraulic press, pipe threader etc.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and at least 5 years of related hands-on manual machining experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.