To operate forklifts safely and efficiently; handle all production and raw materials properly and orderly; maintain warehouse area with orderly stacking and good housekeeping; load and unload truck/trailers safely and using proper procedures; maintain access to dock doors both inside and outside the facility; and prepare all warehouse-related documents as necessary.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Operate forklifts in a safe manner.
- Wear seat belts during forklift operation at all times.
- Ensure Forklift is maintained in a safe and efficient operating condition. (Daily/Weekly Inspections)
- Remove product from production area.
- Ensure all units are stacked at proper height and in orderly manner in Warehouse.
- Bring raw materials to the production floor.
- Weigh, identify (mark) and stage waste raw materials.
- Sweep and maintain Warehouse in an orderly fashion.
- Maintain access to dock doors. (Snow removal, debris removal, etc.)
- Prepare Warehouse reports, review Bills of Lading, work orders, etc., as necessary.
- Load and unload truck/trailers.
- Ensure proper procedures for loading/unloading trailer is being followed.
- Assist co-workers where needed.
- Assist with documenting daily and monthly Inventories.
- Complete Quality Control Orientation program.
- Complete Warehouse Inventory Procedure training on the in-house computer inventory systems.
- Assist in the training of new employees in the Quality Control Orientation Program as needed.
- Assist in the training of new employees on the in-house computer inventory systems as needed.
- Perform assigned tasks as instructed by supervisors.
- Complete or have completed the OSHA Forklift Certification program within 90 days of employment to earn an OSHA Forklift Certification/License.
- Responsible for active participation on plant teams and activities including safety, quality, sustainability, community involvement, OEE, maintenance, employee wellness, brainstorming and continuous improvement which are required to create and maintain a World Class environment.
- Responsible for their personal development by requesting regular meetings with their managers, requesting additional training, requesting involvement beyond their immediate job responsibilities, seeking higher education opportunities including continuing education classes and establishing self development and performance goals with their managers.
Experience, Educational and Technical Qualifications
Our Warehouse Associate should possess a sense of urgency, accountability, and be able to work with limited supervision. He/she must be able to read, write and understand English. Our Warehouse Associate must possess a High School diploma or GED equivalent. One year of forklift experience is preferred.