Sales & Campaign Coordinator
DescriptionDo you have an interest in marketing strategy and possess a natural talent for sales campaign coordination and logistics? This position is a key member of our sales team, working with Lamar account executives and customers to build innovative outdoor advertising campaigns that deliver results. Our Lamar office in Springfield, Illinois is now hiring a new sales team member to help us bring effective outdoor advertising campaigns to life for brands in Springfield/Decatur, IL and surrounding areas.
Interested in moving into professional sales? This could be a great launching pad for you!
We offer a competitive and comprehensive compensation & benefits package for all full-time employees. Some of our benefit offerings include, but are not limited to, multiple medical plan options, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation/sick time, 401K plan, and incentivized wellness programs.
The starting hourly rate for this position is $18 / hour, and we provide performance bonuses as well!
The purpose of the Sales & Campaign Coordinator is to perform all sales administrative functions occurring both before and after the contract phase of the sales cycle. This includes: prospecting new customers leads for the sales team, preparing sales presentations and proposals, and coordinating the execution of advertising campaigns sold by the sales team. In addition, there may be other tasks assigned by Account Executives, Sales Manager, and/or General Managers.
Prior to Contract Phase:
- Prospecting new customers leads for the sales team.
- Prepares sales presentations and proposals.
- Provides product, promotion, and pricing information by clarifying customer request; selecting appropriate information; forwarding information; answering questions.
- Coordinates and enters requests for charting or assists with the charting function
- Coordinates and enters request for conceptual (sample) art for the AE’s.
- Maintains customer database or CRM by inputting customer profile and updates; preparing and distributing reports.
- Tracks sales expenses by tracking, consolidating, analyzing, and summarizing expenses; forwarding for reimbursement.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Coordinating and monitor the ongoing activities and internal communications related to advertising campaigns to ensure on-time and contractual campaign execution while delivering excellent customer service.
- Informing Account Executives and customers about the current status of advertising campaigns.
- Coordinating, managing, reviewing campaign progress and delivering the customer installation and proof of performance information.
- Coordinate and/or obtain approval from the client on artwork
- Coordinate and communicate panel locations in “to be determined” situations.
- Resolves problems during campaign by investigating; identifying solutions; notifying AE’s, managers and customers.
- Field calls and inquiries from landowners and potential landowners.
- Review leasing accounting documents.
- Maintain weekly, monthly, and year-end department and budget documents.
- Track, submit payments, and resolve any discrepancies for real estate property takes and permits (state, county and local).
- Report illumination and vegetation issues to Operations.
- Assist the Real Estate Department and/or General Manager with miscellaneous administrative duties.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability Requirements:
- Work requires an excellent command of the English language.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Gmail applications
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
- Ability to timely and accurately enter and compile data
- Energy, enthusiasm, and the ability to meet deadlines
- High level of organizational skills, and excellent attention to detail.
- Creativity, initiative combined with commercial awareness.
- Knowledge of common public relations practices
- Strong written (Email) and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with a systematic approach to detail-oriented work
- Comfortable working in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to work independently and act on own initiative
- Problem solving
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2 years of related experience, preferably in sales, marketing, or administrative roles
- Experience in data management and Gmail preferred
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- The primary work environment is an office.
- The specific physical demands/requirements of the job include: lifting less than 25% of the time, reading, color distinction, acuity, sitting greater than 50% of the time, and talking.
- The typical percentage of time spent traveling and spending nights away from home is less than 10%.