Illini United Club Volleyball Coach
Under general direction of Club Director, the Club Volleyball Coach is responsible for planning, managing and evaluating a team. This coach is required to teach, train, condition, and coach all team members on their club team. The Club Volleyball Coach is to abide by rules and regulations established by the Junior Volleyball Association (JVA). It is preferred that this coach have Club experience of their own. This is a part time, six-month position.
Work closely with Club Director, fellow coaches, and Park District in running and preparing the team at the Decatur Indoor Sports Center (DISC).
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Demonstrate and teach advanced volleyball skills
- Mentor and advise athletes
- Plan and coordinate practice agendas
- Assist with team building, strengthening and strength training
- Promote and market the program
- Assist with recruiting and evaluating new players
- Assist with scouting opponents
- Attend all practices, meetings, and tournaments
- Assist in tournament planning, if needed
- Represent Illini United Volleyball Club in a professional manner
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Successfully pass a Park District driving test if over 21 years of age
- Club experience, preferred
- Capacity to maintain positive and effective working relationships with supervisors and other Club coaches
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere, promoting positive work relations with both internal and external patrons
- Ability to communicate effectively within various settings
- Capacity to maintain self-control, composure, and sportsmanship in difficult situations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To learn more, or to apply, click here!