Assembly Production Manager
Caterpillar’s Resource Industries Operations and Products division is currently seeking a 1st shift Assembly Production Manager at the Decatur, IL facility. As an Assembly Production Manager, you will supervise and provide leadership to a team of assemblers while adhering to Caterpillar’s core values of integrity, excellence, teamwork, commitment, and sustainability. You will own the value stream metrics for your respective section and partner with support groups in the implementation of changes needed. You will drive continuous improvement efforts as well as practice and teach LEAN principles. Our Production Managers play a key role in our success by leading the production teams and maximizing efficiency in quality, velocity, and cost. We have a fabulous team that does some of the most exciting work at Caterpillar, and we can’t wait for you to join the team!
What you will do:
- Monitor and improve shop floor safety, eliminate any unsafe operations, and ensure a safe and clean test environment.
- Schedule and prioritize constrained resources and adjust staffing to meet flow and customer requirements.
- Manage team performance and development.
- Increase production efficiency through continuous improvement and waste elimination via LEAN principles.
- Initiate and conduct process improvement dialogs with Team Leads and Team Members.
- Lead section status reporting and monitor/audit section metrics.
- Lead the creation, implementation, and training of standard work procedures.
- Present during daily shift start meetings, train others, interact with customers
- Must be able to work continuously on one’s feet for 8 to 10 hours per day in a variety of harsh environmental conditions (i.e. inside/outside, hot/cold/inclement weather, dusty environment)
- Monitor, engage safety efficiency, and promote stop to fix