Inside Sales Representative
Inside Sales Representative – Decatur, IL
ADM Carbohydrate Solutions- Sweetening & Texturizing Solutions
This is a full-time, exempt position.
ADM’s Carbohydrate Solutions Business Unit offers a variety of carbohydrate sourced ingredients, as well as nutritive sweeteners, non-nutritive sweeteners, and dry milled wheat and corn products. These ingredients span many market segments, including food, beverage, baking, and industrial.
The Sweetening & Texturizing Solutions Sales Representative role is a commercial position within the Carbohydrate Solutions Business Unit focused on food and beverage market segments. The role provides exposure and training in: ADM Sweetener, Starch & Acidulant product portfolio, sweetener market insights, prospecting of potential accounts, customer/product discovery, quoting & negotiation, market intelligence, product applications, sales and marketing activities, and compiling business case scenarios. It is essential that the chosen candidate has the desire and ability to develop into an elevated role within the organization such as field sales, product management, technical management/sales or marketing and be open to possible future relocation.
- Manage a portfolio of accounts, from initial quote to delivery on time, as well as ongoing service after the sale.
- First point of contact for phone and web inquiries, including basic applications support and referral to appropriate channels. Responsible for vetting all new potential business for product lines within Carbohydrates Solutions.
- Prospect and call potential customers.
- Responsible for closing deals and achieving customer satisfaction based on goals and objectives established by product business managers.
- Facilitate and manage product samples and technical document requests and capture all pertinent data. Manage process for potential sale.
- Sell within a core portfolio of products while also promoting ADM’s full pantry of products and services.
- Leverage internal relationships, networks, and other ADM divisions to cross sell accounts and show ADM’s value.
- Power user of CRM SalesForce.com, daily interaction, logging all pertinent activity and customer notes, managing and updating pipeline.
- Compile monthly and quarterly reports.
- Maintain project funnels from multiple sources to support product management.
- Identify, assemble and report trending areas of interest to product management.
- Understand the needs and the expectations of the customers. Report or provide relevant solutions if necessary.
- Demonstrate the methods of using products and resolve customer queries.
- Make efforts to achieve the short term sales targets and improve the good will of the organization.
- Work closely with cross-functional team to maximize short and long-term profitable growth.
- Market segment management, understanding and reporting on segment activity and trends.