Manager Product Value Stream
At Caterpillar’s Decatur, IL facility, we manufacture and assemble Large Mining and Construction Equipment. In this role as a Manager Product Value Stream, you will report to the Vice President Product Management, and will be responsible for the machine life cycle value chain for the Wheel Tractor Scrapers product within the Load and Haul organization. As a member of the Resource Industries (RI) Operations and Products team, you will need to have a growth mindset, promote continuous improvement, and help build a defect-free culture. We have a fabulous team that does some of the most exciting work at Caterpillar, and we can’t wait for you to join the team!
What you will do:
- Manage machine life cycle value chain and understand, design, and develop engineering value chain. This includes addressing product quality, which includes stop ship, Platform assembly processes (CPS for assembly), Machine space claim (dimensions/weight), Super bill-of-material, Manage and deliver the product strategy (Product, PS, Value Chain), Options management and DTO options.
- Support assembly factories, interfacing with Systems & Components Value Chain teams.
- Deliver the functional requirements from the process partners, this could include Cost control, Machine competitiveness/competitive intelligence, Machine performance and Machine reliability and durability.
- Tie all activities into a continuous flow, the entire value chain, remove the silos. The incumbents should drive interconnectedness and integration of each step in the chain and process from supply to decommissioning.
- Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
- The position manages a department through supervisors/managers and professionals. The incumbent provides direction, focus, motivation, and encouragement for subordinates. The position is responsible for all personnel issues and performance evaluation of subordinates.
- Typical process partners are various contacts throughout Caterpillar worldwide and its subsidiaries. External contacts include various customers and vendors throughout worldwide markets. The position is challenged to carefully evaluate problems and review a large number of possible solutions before selecting one option. Problems may be complex and can require the incumbent to develop solutions. The position monitors adherence to quality standards and develops action plans for addressing below standard performance at suppliers. The position faces complex issues, which may differ from those typically faced within the industry or profession. The incumbent establishes and then monitors general policies and guidelines for projects under his/her control to ensure specific, management goals are met, and desired results are achieved. Impacts key quality goals including Customer Satisfaction, Continuous Improvement, Timeliness, Accuracy, Efficiency, Cost Savings, Process Quality, Part Quality, Internal Quality Certification, Dealer Repair Frequency, etc.