New Business Development/Sales Manager - Protein - Remote
New Business Development/Sales Manager – Remote
ADM Nutrition Protein
This is a full-time, exempt level position.
The Nutrition Division of Archer Daniels Midland Co. is actively seeking an individual with the following qualifications:
Position Responsibilities: Individual will be responsible for working closely with customers in North America (Canada, The United States and Mexico) in the use of plant proteins in the formulation of savory, sweet goods and dairy, beverage, and /or pet food applications. The focus of this position is on building new business and growing sales, and would entail working closely with customers on product re-formulation, new product development, and quality assessment to drive business growth. This individual will collaborate closely with the sales, creative, design and development, segment and product teams, and could also be responsible for organizing and conducting technical training for our customers and distributors in the use of plant-based proteins.
In addition this position will:
- Proactively engage and communicate with customer base as a trusted technical advisor and share details including product specifications, application know-how, analytical details, ingredient functionality and properties, questionnaires, food safety and product quality issues to help generate demand
- Collaborate with sales team in promoting technical advantages of product line versus competitive products, launch new and novel ingredients, and proactively build customer interest through technical problem solving.
- Define the relevant application support needed to meet the customer demands and execute by collaborating with their Creative Design & Development interface and leveraging the regional ADM CD&D structures
- Work closely with the Sales team and propose to the Segment leaders short and medium term commercial plans, to expand the customer sales pipeline in the market segments and implement on the plans
- Oversee and manage the customer pipeline and opportunities using a CRM system (Salesforce)
- Liaison between research and commercial on customer application support, customer demos/prototypes, tradeshows.
- Liaison between regulatory, scientific affairs on research-based substantiation for claims and product positioning.
- Assist product and sales managers with relevant innovation projects where necessary.
B.S. Degree in Food Chemistry, Food Science, Business or related field of study with 5-7 years of technical sales experience in the ingredient manufacturing industry, preferably with experience in working with plant based proteins. A MS or PhD degree in the fields above is a plus but no a requirement. The individual should have a detailed understanding of the use of these ingredients across all food and beverage applications. (Pet food applications is nice to have) and other commercial applications;
- Previous leadership experience and track record in market development, introduction and commercialization of new products, project management and sales budgeting and forecasting
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and the ability to work and relate directly with individuals from all areas of business management, marketing, sales, regulatory/ QA and Supply Chain and within a matrix organization
- Highly self-motivated, passionate about the Plant Based industry with strong work ethic
- Extroverted and comfortable with communications in a group setting
- Easily builds new relationships and excels at long-term follow up with new contacts and existing customers
- Willing to take initiative and lead new projects; Solutions oriented
- Ability to maintain positive attitude even when dealing with rejection
- Key performance metrics include: Revenue and Gross Margin (GM), New Acquisitions, Expanded Share of Wallet
- The position would require approximately 50% travel