Process Automation Engineer
The Process Automation Engineer will provide plant support of process automation systems to ensure Operations are successful through guidance, troubleshooting, and standard work. They will work with Operations and other technology Centers of Excellence to execute projects while applying global standards. They will proactively seek opportunities for process automation to mitigate risk, improve efficiency, and drive optimization projects. They will support and advance the standardization and documentation of process automation systems.
The Process Automation Engineer will also contribute to plant culture by supporting safety initiatives and Performance Excellence.
- Understands and is accountable for full compliance with safety and other EHS requirements
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of production processes, equipment and operations in the interest of developing, improving and maintaining process and safety interlocks
- Develop or modify Process Automation controls to achieve desired control processes, and troubleshoot systems to identify and resolve hardware or software deficiencies
- Develop and maintain documentation of process automation hardware and software related to process automation control systems
- Ability to work well within groups or with minimal supervision to meet department goals
- Communicate status updates and suggestions for improvements
- Pursue/maintain industry specific training and certifications relative to this position and for career advancement
- Ability to effectively coach and develop other colleagues
- Strong documentation and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- Ability to skillfully manage multiple projects simultaneously and succeed in an environment of competing priorities
- Aware of cybersecurity fundamentals
- Work with third-party suppliers / contractors (where applicable)
- Capability of working in extreme temperatures. Ability to climb stairs, lift and move a minimum of 40 pounds, and sit and stand for long periods of time. Should be able to work in confined spaces and at heights.
- Availability for on-call rotation for off-hours, holiday and weekend coverage.
- Occasional company travel may be required