Supply Chain Planning Analyst
At Caterpillar’s Decatur, IL facility, we manufacture and assemble large mining and construction equipment. In this role as a Supply Chain Planning Analyst, you will report to the Manager Supply Chain Planning, and will be primarily responsible for overseeing facility performance levels to corporate targets for improved order-to-delivery results. You will lead efforts to develop and implement the Plan for Every Part (PFEP) and improved throughput efficiency. As a member of the Supply Chain team, you will need to have a growth mindset, promote continuous improvement, and help build a defect-free culture. We have a fabulous team that does some of the most exciting work at Caterpillar, and we can’t wait for you to join the team!
What you will do:
- Developing and implementing supply chain processes for manufacturing areas to ensure proper material flow from receipt to point of use.
- Developing and maintaining the PFEP for 2,000 – 5,000 part numbers across manufacturing value streams.
- Documenting processes, standard work, and PFEP into various planning tools. - Supporting the design and implementation of material packaging and container solutions for the facility.
- Supporting performance efforts of manufacturing areas through continuous improvement processes, incident investigations and RCCA, resolving systemic supply chain related problems, etc...
- Supporting cross-functional teams to improve Safety, Quality, Velocity, and Cost metrics
- Analyzing flow optimization and utilizing multiple replenishment methods to improve material movement and reduce touches